It’s a make up heavy theme on the blog this week and continuing on from my How Much Is Too Much?! (you can read it here) I wanted to share my new Morphe 35W palette with all of you. I’m sure you’ve started writing your Christmas Wishlist and I recommend putting this pretty palette at the top. I ordered it from Beauty Bay and it was an absolute bargain. For 35 eye shadows in a mixture of matte and shimmer, it is definitely an amazing palette for those of you who are starting off.
The pigmentation from the shadows are so good however there are some of them who require a little Fix + for more of a strong shade. Also I found when swatching it, there was a lot of fall out from some of the shimmer colours. With this I would just start with your eyes first then apply your foundation after to avoid a mess. I couldn’t swatch them all on my arm so I’ve selected my four favourites on my fingers and the entire palette on a page. Can we just take a moment to appreciate the Cranberry shade, I know I will be reaching for this colour so much during the Christmas holidays.
Morphe don’t name their palette shadows either but you can see for yourself how pretty they are. For £15, this is an amazing product and with so many colours in one place you can create so many looks. There are a few beautiful matte colours that will work wonders when you are creating that perfect transition shade. If you’re opting for that Kylie Jenner 90’s daytime look or dramatic smokey eye, there are so many colours to play with.
I don’t know if I’ll get the chance to feature a style post this week. It gets so dark during the week and come the weekends it has been raining. Apologies about this but I’ll try and have a new one up for you asap.
Within the fashion and beauty industry, a certain level of shopping is essential. It’s only natural that I enjoy the sport given the field I’m in. However, I often have people telling me I shop too much… but how much is too much? I work hard and have no children so my money is my own at the minute (obviously my priorities will change when I decide to have a family). I pay my bills, I’m not in any debt and I’ve been thinking about this a lot recently. People have their niches when it comes to spending, some enjoy lavish cars, others it’s home interior and for me it’s clothes and make up. Spending money on clothes is somewhat of an necessity as I can’t walk around naked but I do enjoy treating myself to a top or bag that catches my eye. I have noticed recently that some people think I spend too much on make up in particular. Yes, I have a large collection that I take great pride in (and I don’t mean this is a bratty way) but like I’ve said, I work hard and I’m not in any debt so why shouldn’t I spend my money on what I want to?!
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I’m still curious regarding this topic and thought I’d discuss it on here. Of course there are times when other situations come up such as an unexpected bill, travel or the choice to have a baby, buy a car or home. When the day comes I’ll naturally switch from make up to nappies (and I’ll be more than happy to do so) but until that day comes, Sephora and Space NK are my guilty pleasures.
(Images shot with an Olympus E-PL7 using a 45mm lens.)
I’d love to know your thoughts on this topic? What qualifies as too much shopping for you? Leave me your comments below, I look forward to chatting with all of you.
It’s very few and far between that I’ll treat my skin to some hardcore TLC. I look after it with a day and nighttime routine but it doesn’t combat my problem areas completely. Enter the mud mask.
For the past two months I’ve been trying to incorporate a pamper day into my week, it’s usually on a Sunday. I give my skin a good cleanse and clean to get rid of any congestion as the texture of it can be a concern. My texture and sensitivity differs on a regular basis, it depends on my hormones, products I’ve used and if I’m feeling stressed. I drink green tea everyday to try and put some good ingredients into my body and that includes my skin. I’ve always heard that it works wonders for skin and now I’ve amped it up a notch with an Asarii Green Tea Mud Mask.
- Made in the UK and is vegan friendly.
- Natural Green tea is used in the mask, sounds obvious but some brands use a supplements which can do your skin more harm.
- There’s also Aloe Vera, Vitamin E and Stearic Acid to help keep the mask thick.
- Mini exfoliant beads in mask which helps soften and smooth skin when washing off.
- Good for all skin types, even those with sensitive skin.
- Nice thick consistency, easy to use.
- Takes longer than 15 minutes (recommended time) to set.
- Shake well before use or a brown liquid will form.
- Not a massive improvement, skin was only a little smoother. (If I use it more regularly maybe that could change).
Overall, I enjoy using this product even with the con’s. I think if I use it more my skin’s texture and blemishes will improve over time. In my opinion it’s a nice and natural product to use on those pamper days. For those of you who suffer from texture and blemish concerns then consider investing in this mask.
I’m starting off the week voiceless. Over the past few day’s I haven’t been well and now my voice is gone. I’m sure my family and the man friend are loving it but it’s annoying when people keep making fun of me by saying, “Whattttttt?!”
Anyway now that I’ve updated you, lets get back to the blog. Today’s style post features high street favourite, Next. I’ve been working with them and you may remember when I featured their fab camel coat and monk shoes? (You can read it here) Well I’ve teamed up with them again and this time I’m styling their 1970’s inspired flared jeans. They’re a great fit and length – a nice change from the skinny style. It’s often difficult for me to find a pair of flared jeans that fit me in the leg, they are always too short. So you can imagine my excitement when I tried these beauties on. I love the washed out look from them, they’re very easily styled and I enjoy working that seventies vibe.
How was everyone’s weekend? A little sunshine wouldn’t go a miss! I know it’s Winter but it doesn’t need to pour every single day. See you all on Wednesday!
I don’t know about any of you but my make up bag, drawers and vanity are over flowing with beauty products. My make up bag is especially packed to the brim with various products however I went on a bit of a cleaning spree and edited it down quite a lot. Some of you may find this to be too much but they are essentials that I believe you should have in your beauty bag. Not the exact ones, just work with what you like and can afford.
On an everyday basis, my make up would be quite minimal with the expection of a winged eyeliner if I’m feeling bold. These items are an absolute must have for me, I’m not the kind of girl who can stick on some concealer and go. It’s either a completely make free day for me or all out with my favourites. I always make sure I have enough in my bag so if I need to go somewhere in a moments notice I can. As I have oily skin, you will always see me reaching for a small touch up.
My make up essentials are:
1. Brushes: I strongly believe in using these tools to apply my make up for better application and hygiene reasons (unless I’m packing on pigment eyeshadow, then I might use my index finger). I know some people apply with their hands and that’s fine for them but it’s just a personal preference for me. Last week I invested in more Real Techniques brushes from their bold metals collection. I’ve only been using them for a few days but already I’m obsessed. They’re incredibly soft and great quality, I use these as multi purpose brushes when I’m on the go. The large powder works as a face, cheek and contour brush. The small precise one works well when I’m applying my foundation and setting powder, great for getting in those awkward areas.
2. Foundation: Without a doubt my cult essential. I always have foundation on unless I’m going 100% make up free. I’ve recently switched to L’Oréal and their infallible matte foundation (I’ve been using it for a month now). It has pretty good coverage, medium to full I’d say and is beautifully matte. When applied it leaves a pretty satin feel and it’s long lasting. I opted for my natural shade (I usually go for a little more of a glow) and I’m loving the natural finish. To warm up my face and give it more a sculpted finish, I wear my next product.
3. Concealer Corrector: I have quite dark circles so a colour corrector is a must for me. For some reason I have only started to take notice with this product in the past year. I haven’t included concealer as I find this and my foundation is enough for me, the peach shade cancels out the purple and blue tones. The Pixi brand has been taking the beauty industry by storm and I’m a huge fan, a must have for those of you like me who suffer from dark circles.
4. Bronzer/Highlighter: Another relatively new buy regarding bronzer (I updated my make up collection a little while ago) and I’m really enjoying it. It’s from MAC and their mineralize skinfinish collection. It’s in the shade medium deep and it is an absolute dream to blend. It’s not as dark as it looks, definitely nice and natural in my opinion. The highlighter is in the shade Soft & Gentle and a cult classic. I wear highlighter everyday without a doubt and it’s something I could never live without.
5. Brows: I feel absolutely naked and I would honestly freak out if I ever forgot my eyebrow pencil. Anastasia Beverly Hills is the only product I use regarding my eyebrows. I have such small and patchy brows from years of over plucking, so filling them in is crutical for me. This pencil is worth every penny and the spooly on the end is perfect for lining and grooming on the go. Nothing more to say except BUY IT if you’re on the hunt for something new.
6. Mascara: My first beauty product I ever purchased, I share great memories with this one. Just over a year ago I was invited along to Benefit Cosmetics for the launch of their Roller Lash mascara. Since then I have never looked back, it curls your lashes like no ones business and for me, it doesn’t smudge.
7. Lips: An expensive brand I’m sharing but worth it for me. I have been in love with By Terry’s balm in the shade Baume De Rose for a few years now. Lip care in general is so important for me, so if you find a brand that you love and looks after your lips then just make sure to treat them on a daily basis.
Obviously a make up bag is CRUCIAL as you don’t want to damage anything. Also no one wants to see your products roaming around the bottom of your bag! Mine is from a local brand, Story Horse and it’s their Walk With Me bag. How adorable is it?!
If any of you lovelies have a cult product of your own that I haven’t mentioned please feel free to leave me a comment below!